Types of Information We Collect
When you visit the Website, "Personally Identifiable Information" (as defined below) is not automatically collected. However, certain non-personal information (such as things like your IP address, operating system and/or the browser used by your computer) ("Non-Personally Identifiable Information") may be automatically recorded by the standard operation of the Website's Internet servers. This Non-Personally Identifiable Information can be used to help administer the Website, diagnose server failures, and generally enhance a Visitor's online experience.
We will also collect certain information arising out of your use of the Website, such as Cookies, or augment the data we collect with other information from other online or offline sources. We reserve the right to collect information about you and store it in connection with other online or offline information we may possess or obtain about you.
"Personally Identifiable Information" includes, without limitation:
- "Billing Information" (such as your bank account and/or credit card number, expiration date, and verification code),
- "Contact Information" (such as your name, email address, telephone number address, city, state, zip code),
- demographic information (such as your gender and zip code),
- your social security number; or
- if you use the Company's services, any other sensitive information used to complete and generate any documents based upon your specific information and direction.
We will collect and use Personally Identifiable Information about you in a variety of manners, including, without limitation, the following:
- responding to your request for services or products offered through the Website; and
- informing you about services, products and/or other opportunities we think will be of interest to you.
If you would like to make corrections or updates at any time to your Personally Identifiable Information, you can do so through the edit profile section of your account.
Where Does the Information Come From and How Does the Company Use It
We collect and combine information from a number of sources, including the following:
The Website may contain "cookies," which are pieces of data stored on your computer's hard drive with information about you and that are used for record keeping. Cookies help the Company to target and track your interests to give you the best experience when using the Website. Cookies also provide you with assistance for the products that you have requested and/or purchased, as well as customized content. We also allow companies which maintain the Website the right to use these cookies. After each session, many cookies simply automatically delete themselves from your hard drive. Web browsers are generally set to accept cookies, although you generally can set your web browser to reject all cookies. If you reject the cookie, you may still use the Website, although your access to and use of some areas of the Website may be limited. In addition, if you refuse to accept cookies, you agree to assume all responsibility for any resulting loss of functionality.
The Website also may contain "web beacons" (also known as pixel tags, Internet tags, and clear GIFs), which allow third parties to obtain information such as the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page with the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in any third party cookies. We use log files to store the data that is collected through web beacons.
We also may collect other information from your use of the Website, including type of browser, ISP (internet service provider), IP address, platform type, referring/exit pages, date/time stamp, and number of clicks, all used to administer the Website, track your movement in the aggregate, analyze trends, and gather demographic information for aggregate use.
The Personally Identifiable Information which we collect may come from a number of places, including without limitation the following:
- Contact Information you provided when you registered for any services or products offered through the Website.
- Any Billing Information you provided when you purchased any services or products offered through the Website.
- Information that you provide to the Company through communications with any of our customer service representatives, as well as any other general correspondence or communications.
- Information you provide to the Company in response to our communications. For example, we may request that you provide us with either your telephone number or your e-mail address so that we may contact you with alerts, notifications, newsletters and special offers.
- Other information we collect, which is used to verify your identity in the event you are unable to remember your login information for use of the Website's services and products.
All of Personally Identifiable and Non-Personally Identifiable Information, as well as any other information described above, may be referred to collectively herein as the "User Information."
How We May Share The User Information
The Company may share certain of the User Information, including Personally Identifiable Information, with affiliated and non-affiliated third parties, including without limitation in connection with the following:
- Special Offers - User Information may be disclosed to our affiliated companies for marketing purposes and to enhance the Company's services and/or products to better suit your needs. This may include extending select special offers of goods or services to you. If you would like to opt-out of receiving these offers, please refer to the "Offering You Choices - Marketing Options," section below.
- Third Party Vendors - The Company also may disclose User Information to non-affiliated third party companies which: (i) operate various services for the Company, such as marketing, distribution, advertising, or certain product functionalities; (ii) otherwise provide goods or services which may be of interest to you.
- As Permitted by Law - The Company also may share your non-public Personally Identifiable Information with non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law.
Subject to the foregoing, if you provide User Information to the Company, you are expressly consenting to receiving emails, text messages, social media messages (including but not limited to Facebook or Twitter), telephone calls or direct mail.
The Company will not lease, sell or otherwise disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to any third party not associated with or authorized by the Company. You acknowledge, however, that certain Personally Identifiable Information may become a matter of public record upon filing with a government agency or as part of any legal or administrative proceeding.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company may disclose such information if required to do so by operation of law or if it has a reasonable belief that disclosing the Personally Identifiable information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interfering (either intentionally or unintentionally) with: (a) our legal rights or property, or (b) another visitor or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
In the event the Company goes through a business transition, including without limitation a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of the Company's assets, all User Information, including your Personally Identifiable Information, will likely be among the assets transferred, and you hereby consent to such transfer.
You have options regarding learning about our new offers, products or services, as well as those offered by our authorized affiliates. If you do not want to receive notice of these offers, you may opt out at any time by emailing our Customer Care department at cs@diversity-lottery. Alternatively, each marketing e-mail sent to you will include instructions how to opt-out. Please note that you may still receive information from third parties to whom the Company may have disclosed your User Information prior to your opt-out. If you no longer wish to receive information from such third party, please contact them directly.
We restrict access to non-public Personally Identifiable Information about you or your children (if applicable) to our employees, as well as to authorized third parties (as stated above). We maintain electronic, physical and procedural safeguards designed to protect your non-public Personally Identifiable information. Over the Internet, the Company uses a secure web server, which allows all major web browser programs to interact with our web server via an encrypted session when you are using a secure area of the Website. When you visit the Website, anytime that you are on a page ordering products or services, or viewing your personal credit report, you will be in a secured area.
Notwithstanding our best efforts, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent the Company's servers or computers from being accessed illegally, or the data stolen or altered, and the Company assumes no responsibility or liability to you or to any third party arising out of any misuse, loss, alteration or destruction of any of your User Information.
18 or Older Only
You must be at least 18 years of age In order to use the Website and/or its products and/or services. If the Company learns that it has inadvertently received Personally Identifiable Information directly from someone under 18, we will delete such information from our records. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use our products or services, including sending us any Personal Identifiable information. The Website is not intended for use by or directed to people under the age of 18 and the Company does not knowingly solicit Personally Identifiable information from or send requests to any such minors.
Notification of Changes
Visitor's Acceptance of These Terms